Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening [AudioBook]

The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)The Awakening by L.J. Smith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Elena is the school beauty, but she's bored, until a new boy turns up in her class. Stefan is dark and mysterious - and she's determined to get to know him better. But Stefan is just as determined to resist her...until a series of attacks in the area terrify the town and Stefan is held responsible. Elena is the only one who offers to help and, falling in love with her, Stefan tells her his terrible story. He is a vampire, on the run from his evil brother, Damon, who doesn't share Stefan's qualms about drinking human blood. And Damon is the one Stefan suspects of really being behind the recent attacks...Can Elena help prove his innocence - without revealing his secret?"


I don't know why, but I never thought of reading the books behind the amazing "The Vampire Diaries".I love the TV show, way too much. I'm especially obsessed with Damon. I think that the idea of reading a book which I already saw a movie for would bore me to death. You have no idea how wrong I was. I loved the book even more than the show. I couldn't imagine how that would have been possible, but now I know how.

This is the first audiobook I tried. I have to say, not a bad book for my first try. It made me more obsessed with audiobooks. Making them the best types of books I've ever tried. Now if I want to read a book, I would most definetly choose audiobooks.

I have to say that I wish I knew that Damon was there from the start. I don't have anything against Stefan. He is such a good person *cough* vampire *cough*. But Damon is what I need to live. I don't have anything to say for Elena. I didn't think that she was that type of bitch who would want anything infront of her, but as it turns out, she is. Stefan might have loved her from the start, but still, it sounded like bitch to me. And the fact that she is blonde. Add to the annoyance.

It might sound like I hate this book, but the fact that Damon was there erases every other character. And to me, Damon was everything. In every page *chapter since I was listening*.

I would recommend this book to vampire lovers, and romantics.

xoxo,
Angel.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers