Sunday, January 22, 2012

If I stay [AudioBook]

If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)If I Stay by Gayle Forman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen year- old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...

A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make -and the ultimate choice Mia commands."




This is the saddest story I have ever read *heard*. Yes yes, this is another Audiobook, there will be plenty to come. Anyways, back to the book. I remember crying on every word she said, every memory, every second. Sometimes it made me laugh, as it was funny, but it made me cry again because they were gone.

I still don't know what happened to her, she just woke up. There is a chance she might collapse into being half dead again. Maybe this time she would choose death.

Adam. These days I feel like I can't live without him. Adam. He's my-Mia's everything.

I wish I had someone like Kim in my life. She's the amazing friend who you hate so much, that you can't help but love. I know I shouldn't be jealous of Mia, but I'm. Kim is the coolest, most thoughtful friend I have ever read *heard* about.

The book is brilliant. I loved it. It's funny how we love the books that make us cry. Good thing I didn't read it in public. I would have looked stupid. I guess we love it because the words are so deep, they stir something inside of us that normal life can't touch.

Did I mention that I finished it in one day? Thank you lord for audiobooks.

xoxo,
Angel.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers