Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Pledge [Ebook]

The Pledge (The Pledge, #1)The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"In the violent country of Ludania, the language you speak determines what class you are, and there are harsh punishments if you forget your place—looking a member of a higher class in the eye can result in immediate execution. Seventeen-year-old Charlaina (Charlie for short) can understand all languages, a dangerous ability she's been hiding her whole life. Her only place of release is the drug-filled underground club scene, where people go to shake off the oppressive rules of the world they live in. There, she meets a beautiful and mysterious boy who speaks a language she's never heard, and her secret is almost exposed. Through a series of violent upheavals, it becomes clear that Charlie herself is the key to forcing out the oppressive power structure of her kingdom…."


The thought of many languages INTRIGUED me. The fact that Charlie could answer them all baffled me. I think this is a great book. It has a very well plot, amazing characters, and no love triangles!

Let's start with Angelina; my one true love. From the start I knew that she was meant for greatness. And in the last moments, I thought that if anything were to happen to Charlie, she would have been the queen anyways, and they would find a way to kill Sabara. They should make a statue in her honor. She's pure queen.

Alexander reminds me of those weird characters who are truly honorable but give a vibe of weirdness. He's great, but freaky at some points. The book doesn't really describe his relationship with Eden, of which I was dying to know more about.

Charlie's parents; Y U NO Tell Charlie from the start? If they had, then the last 100 pages would have been less restless, and I wouldn't have to stay up all night to know what would happen! This whole thing is totally their fault. *sigh*

Aron, sweet lovely Aron. I really don't know why you carry Charlie's and Brook's bags, but I think you are worth being a king. Sometimes more than any other male character. If you were to voice your feelings to Charlie, we would have been in so much trouble. So, I must apologize and thank you for not voicing those feelings and sparing us the mixed emotions.

Brooklynn. Girl, I hate you! You might act all lovely and charming, but the truth is, I never trusted you. It always felt like there was something you were hiding, and as though that something was important in the plot, I'm still mad at you. How can you call yourself Charlie's best friend. You couldn't even tell if she was awake in the last chapter!!

Max. If it weren't for Charlie taking my place, you would have been completely mine. But I feel sorry for Charlie, so I would spare you for another day. ♥

Charlie. Charlie, Charlie, Charlie. You not only intrigue me, you fascinate me and never fail to amaze me every time I read about you.


All in all, amazing book, very well written and I would definitely recommend it!

xoxo,
Angel

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers