Friday, January 27, 2012

Jane Eyre [AudioBook]

Jane EyreJane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Born into a poor family and raised by an oppressive aunt, young Jane Eyre becomes the governess at Thornfield Manor to escape the confines of her life. There her fiery independence clashes with the brooding and mysterious nature of her employer, Mr. Rochester. But what begins as outright loathing slowly evolves into a passionate romance. When a terrible secret from Rochester's past threatens to tear the two apart, Jane must make an impossible choice: Should she follow her heart or walk away and lose her love forever?

Unabashedly romantic and utterly enthralling, Jane Eyre endures as one of the greatest love stories of all time." -Goodreads.

You know how I never read a classic in my life. Well, I'm glad I started with Jane Eyre.Oh you have no idea about the joy I felt when I truly got to know her. It was magical. I wished that she was real. She's brilliant! She went through so many difficult things throughout her life, but she still turned out absolutely great.

It's a true magical story. Might be a few years old, but it is such a great story. I can't tell when did I like her most, for all her life is quite interesting to me. But let me start from the beginning anyway.

I liked how brave she was, when she was young. Always fighting with her aunt. Not really her aunt though, she's her uncle's widow. She had two daughters and one son. The son used to hit Jane, and when she complained about it to her aunt, his mother, everyone would assume that she is mistaken, or that she is the one who hit him instead.

After a while, her aunt sent her to an institution. She learnt so much in this institution, one might say that her aunt did her a favor, saved her life from what it would have been.

After completing her tuition time she taught in the same institution. After that, she advertised and went to teach someone named Adele. Adele is french, and she doesn't speak much English.

Wait. I must pause here. Did I mention that the narrator is English? As in From England? I love them English.

Let me continue. The house that Jane now lives in is owned by Mr. Rochester. She then falls in love with him, and he in her. He asked for her hand, and she said yes. At the wedding, she finds out that he is already married. His excuse for this is that the woman that he got married to is mentally insane. They go home and they finally see the crazy woman. Jane gets upset. I don't really know why. She runs away.

She then ends up in a place where she finds those kind people who end up being her cousins. She goes from being poor to being rich. I'm guessing 5 thousand is a lot of money in her time. Actually she gets 20 thousand but she shared it with her newly found cousins. Two ladies and a gentleman. Mr. Rivers, the gentleman, asked Jane to marry him. She then heard her first love, Mr. Rochester.

When she goes back she finds out that the house has burned down to nothingness. She later finds him in a second house of his, but blind. During the fire, that his wife crazy started, he lost his sight trying to save her. She jumped from the top building.

Jane marries Edward Rochester and lives happily ever after.

Do you see why I love it? No? Ok, Let me add one more fact then. When she's telling the story, Jane Eyer talks to me, us, readers. The story is told to you, a very interesting tale. And you, Reader, have the enjoyment of the trip.

Not interested yet? Well, I like it! That should be reason enough, shouldn't it?

xoxo, Angel.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers