Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Shuffle! [Show]

In present times, Gods and Demons coexist together with Humans after the door between each of these worlds had opened. Tsuchimi Rin is a normal young high school student attending Verbena Academy, spending his days living peacefully with his childhood friend Kaede. Unexpectedly, one day the King of Gods, the King of Demons and their families move into be Rin's next door neighbors. Apparently the daughter of the Gods, Sia, and the daughter of the demons, Nerine, are both deeply in love with Rin after having met him the past. Along with his playful friendship with upperclassmen Asa and his encounter with the silent but cute Primula, Rin has much on his hands dealing with the affections of each of these girls. Based on the eroge by Navel.



So Shuffle! is an anime (as you might have already guessed from the photo). I do not usually watch anime but it's been a really long vacation, and old habits die hard :P. So back to the anime. It's 24 episodes. The first 10 or so episodes they introduce the characters. There three non human -two demons and one god- and two humans who are battling for Rin's heart. The god girl, Sia, is really funny and very cheerful. I was kind of hoping she would be the one who will steal his heart. but maybe there's still hope, I'm not done yet. Then there is Nerine, the demon, who is calm and seems very collected. She's really pretty, and has a really beautiful voice. Honestly, I think she is the only sane on in this show. Then there is Kaede, who lives with Rin and sort of his maid. She's human. I must add that she is so far, the craziest person, and not in a fun way. Like, she's really crazy-hospital sort of crazy. I will talk about her more as I go into more details. Asa, who is upper class to all of the mentioned characters, but she's really ill. Not Kaede ill, but I think her heart has a problem. I don't know yet. Primula, is the last girl who is in love with Rin. She's half demon half god, and she was created to be able to control magic that will be enough to bring back the dead. Not such a great idea on the Gods and Demons, I must say. 
And of course, Rin. If you ask me, he's really not that hot, I don't understand why everyone is so in love with him. It could be because he's so nice, but I don't fully understand him. I'm definitely not in love with Rin, sorry. 


Alright Let's go into greater details. First, the daughter of the king of the Gods, Sia. She's is the first one who admits her feelings to Rin, and the first one to go on a date with him. She is also the first one who almost kisses him, too. I say almost because she has failed miserably. She also cares for what the others think of their -Rin and her- relationship. And because Sia is not a normal human, and the show would be weird if she was, she has an evil twin inside of her. It's not really EVILLL, but it kind of is sexy and rude, and daring. In one of the episodes Sia fails to say hi to Rin because he was shopping with Asa, and because she cared so much about everyone' happiness, she didn't feel that interfering would be a good idea. When she went home, her evil twin sister who lives inside of her, and she can only see her in mirrors, switched places with her and trapped her in a mirror instead. Then she went on a date with Rin, which made both skip school, and that devil made so many bad moves to poor Rin. I do really feel sorry for him. Anyhow, Sia ended up being rejected by Rin because of that, being too forward, and told him the whole story about her twin sister. Turns out that they were supposed to be two different Gods, but there was some complications at birth which made Sia suggest that her sister would live within her, and she would feel everything that her sister feels. To sum this up, Sia is not the one for Rin. 


Second, the daughter of the demons, Nerine, or Rina. As I said before she's really not as crazy as Sia, but she can sing pretty good. She's smart, but she can't cook and not so great in sports either -kinda like me hehe-. I wouldn't call her hanging out with Rin dates, because they just talk, and walk, and talk. And usually, it's at night. I always knew that she didn't have much luck with Rin from the start, not because she has a calm personality, but, well, I forgot what I was going to say. Anyways, her story is related to Primula. It's not related by blood or anything. I guess I should have told Primula's story first *sigh*. I will just put them both together, since there isn't much to say about Primula anyway. So Primula is the smallest girl of the group, she's kind of like a robot in a way, has way too much magic inside of her because of an experiment demons and gods are making. Their goal is to make a creature that is capable of making great magic, and is also able to control it. In this show, I noticed that if you can't control your magic, you can basically die, because it will sooner or later overwhelm you. So one day Primula gets really sick, and of course since she lived with Rin and Kaede, they really didn't know what to do. They kept asking the gods and the demons who left right next door, with no real answer. Finally the kings tell Rin, which gets really annoyed and goes home. By that time -surprisingly- Prim wakes up. Rin tells her she needs to go back to realm of the demons so that they can treat her. I personally think the way he said it was really harsh, and you will too if you ever met Prim. She's just so precious. After going back to the realm of the demons, her condition worsens and they might have no other option but to erase her emotions. Of course, our hero Rin decides to go and maybe help her. I really don't know what he was thinking at that point. I mean if the king of the Gods and the king of the Demons weren't able to cure her, you would think her case is pretty hopeless. But anyways, they go after Rina tells him her story. She refuses at first because she has already lost someone dear to her thanks to these stupid experiments, and Prim was nothing but the third trial. The first one "died" in a huge explosion. The second one was made out of Rina's cells, but she decided to give her life to Rina, because Rina was sick at the point, again because of the magic. And the third is Primula. So they go, save Prim, bla bla, come back. This time because Rina's second self -I don't really know what to call her- is no longer there because she saved Prim, Rina finally feels like herself. Turns out the one who was truly in love with Rin is her other self, and she only continued loving him because she felt like she owned her other self that much, to at least meet Rin. When they go back to Earth, or the humans realm, she tells him that now She -Rina- is going to love him as herself, not her other self. I hope this is making sense.. And Of course, the jerk leads her on, and let her love him. I do agree with his friend, he is kind of a womanizer. 


Kaede. Not much to talk about in the beginning. But in the last episodes, especially since he started dating Asa, her crazy self came rising to the surface and I was terribly afraid for both Rin and Asa, however, I was super terrified for my baby Prim, HOW COULD THEY LEAVE HER WITH A PSYCHOTIC PERSON?? OK, the story is that both Rin's parents and Kaede's mother died in an accident. Kaede couldn't take it so she went into coma, where you know, she could eat and drink, but she wouldn't really react with you. The doctors said that you will have to help her react, and I don't know why a child is there when doctors speak to her father, but little Rin heard them and decided to tell her that he is the reason why their parents died. He said that he called them and told them to hurry up. Kaede being psychotic, almost chocked him to death. I'm wondering why nobody noticed the marks. Or her weird evil smirks. She kept bullying him, trying to hurt him, she almost cut his eye -WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU LEAVE A KNIFE CLOSE TO A CHILD? SUCH BAD PARENTING!!- then one day, while she was planning her next revenge, she found a post card, that said many things that I don't remember, but basically it was her fault that they all died. She was sick, and asked her mother to come early. Crazy as she was, she felt really bad for hurting Rin all these years, so to make up for it, she devoted her life to serve him and make him happy. When he was going out with Asa, he wasn't coming home, and she wasn't able to serve him as she usually is, so she attacked Asa, who went to the hospital for reasons I will soon explain. After that Rin told her that he is in love with Asa, and he is moving out, because he thinks she's crazy. lol. No Rin would never say that, he's too nice, but he did tell her he's moving out. This made me shout WHAT ABOUT PRIM? ARE YOU GOING TO LEAVE HER WITH THIS CRAZY PERSON? WHAT IF SHE THINKS IT'S PRIM'S FAULT AND KILLS HER? *sigh* the way this show made me want to kill them all. Somehow Kaede understood and is currently moving on. I say currently because she is still telling him to "don't forget to eat" and "please take care of yourself", and I'm like GIRL MOVE ON ALREADY! 


Last but not least, Asa. The love of Rin's life. I'm going to make this short I promise. He goes out with her at first, because his friends tell him to, then she finds out, gets mad, tells him to fuck off. Well, sort of. Somehow they are dating again, and now he knows that she has this sickness since she was a child. Now that I think about it, he never really cared about her before he knew she was sick.. Turns out her father is a human, thus why she looks like a human, but her mother is a demon. Actually, her mother is the one of the first demons who they tried to do the experiments on and blow up the whole place. She ended up on Earth somehow, fell in love with Asa's dad, and then came Asa. Because of the experiments that were done on Asa's mom, Asa is sick. She always was, and will always be, unless she uses the magic that is inside of her. Otherwise she's going to be doomed soon. She's currently in the hospital, or shall I say ran away, because she knew that she is going to die soon. She promised not to use her magic, for reasons I do not understand even though she did explain them, I just find them stupid, that's all. JUST USE THE FUCKING MAGIC AND LIVE WITH RIN! DON'T MAKE A FUCKING EXCUSE JUST TO DIE !! IF YOU TRULY LOVE HIM LIVE YOU BITCH!!! Ehm.. yeah, it does make me Kaede crazy, doesn't it?


Oh, so you want to know about Rin now. Well, he is the most boring character in this show. He's ridiculously nice, and just plain stupid sometimes. Oh wait, no, he's stupid always. 


So, I'm going to watch the last episode now. Really hope Asa doesn't die, because I really don't have any more water in me to shed tears !! 
OMFG! I'm telling you this show is so messed up. First Psycho Kaede, and now suicidal Rin?? *Breathe in, breath out* So in order to make her use magic, he takes this knife -btw he stole it from the nurse at the hospital, he took it from her, and never gave it back, add stealer to the list- and tells her love her, and cuts his wrist, basically drying himself to death, tells her that this is how it feels to watch someone you love die -Oh, I've cried like a baby when he said that, so SAD!- then he passes out, and she's like Oh no you didn't.. no not really, but it would have been cool if she did :P In Reality - or anime- she calls " RIN DON'T LEAVE MEEEEE" and then she uses her magic, so she should be fine now, thanks to suicidal Rin, she heals him by the way, just in case you worried as I was. I was really worried at that point, what if her magic isn't the healing type? what if she attacked him instead of helping him? Have he ever thought of that?! Fucking Stupid that Rin boy. Oh, one more funny thing, now that she used her magic, her hair is suddenly much longer, like on foot or maybe two longer, makes me wish I had some magic in me *sigh*. I bet now they would live happily ever after, so I'm going to wrap this up. 


Fun anime, makes you laugh in the first 10 episodes, and will make you cry in the last 10, so be prepared for the emotional rick you will be at the end. I don't recommend it for people who are under 15, as it is PG-15. Actually, I don't recommend it to people less than 18, but if you are a boy who loves romances this please go ahead, enjoy, I can't stop you! and I LOVE THE BEGINNING SONG TO DEATH!!  Alright, Good night, it's two o'clock AM! 


xoxo 
Angel.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers