Sunday, December 25, 2011

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban HP#3 [Hardcover book]

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I might have spent longer than I thought I would on this book, but it's only because I truthfully didn't want it to end. I got to a point in this book, where I heard a door close outside my house and I jumped ! I was that scared, not only for me, but also for Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Every time Harry saw that Grimm, my heart would skip a beat. It's funny how Harry was right at the beginning, troubles do follow him.



So let's start with Characters. Harry: I think I'm starting to see his point. He really tries to be this teenage boy, and he really is trying to live normally, even though he is not only a wizard, but someone who survived You-Know-Who. So whenever someone dangerous or kind of related to You-Know-Who everyone seems to look for Harry wanting him to be under their eyes at all times. I feel sorry for Harry, who always wants freedom, but ending up in trouble. It's a good thing that Dumbeldore understands him and always supports him.

Moving on: Hermione. Since I watched the movies, I already knew how Hermione was managing all her classes and tests. But one thing that the movies failed to show; that she almost failed them, that she dropped out of one class, and refused to continue two of them at the end of the semester. I'm not attacking her in anyway, if anything I love her the most in this book. She tries and tries, and when she fails, she does admit it.
Ron: He's such a man that Ron, isn't he? Did he have to be so pissed off at Hermione's cat? He does know it's just a cat, and cats do usualy follow rats. Not to forget that Crookshank knew that Ron's rat isn't just a normal rat. It's really heart-breaking that he kept on blaming Hermione who cries every time he does that. I really did want to smack Ron on the head with a really big pan. But still, I'm thankful that he did invite Harry to the Quiditch game in the summer, saving Harry from his annoying uncle Vernon and aunt Potenia, and let me not forget Dudley.

Snape: that man is really getting on my nerves. That's all I'm saying.
Black: As I said before, I was really terrified of him at first - even with me knowing that he is a good guy- but I did end up liking him, even though the description of him doesn't make him look so good...
Dementors: I think they are the things that frighten me the most. If wizards do exist, I hope that dementors don't.
Ok, I think I'm done of all the important characters. The book is great, I like how Rowling starts slow, kind of reminding you of what happened, how is Harry right now, but once you pass that 50% point, there is no going back. I think I haven't slept for 2 days now. It gets a bit obsessive.
Can't wait for Tuesday, where my library finally opens and I can finally get the next book!

Merry Christmas (for like the billion time),
xoxo,
Angel

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers