Saturday, December 10, 2011

Amazing Poem.


The Library: List Of Demands (Because Anger Isn't Ladylike) from This Is The Thing on Vimeo.
For every woman who has ever let her bright be dimmed. Our standards have been raised. These are our demands. With fierce love, Sofia.




I can not tell you how much I love this poem, because every time I try to describe it, I feel like I'm failing. But, here are words I summoned to try and describe this undescribable poem: Inspiring. Amazing. Something I would listen to when I'm happy, or Sad. For every woman, girl, Star, out there who's light has been dimmed.
If I were to be a car, this poem in my ignition that brings me to life. I've been feeling down lately, and it has been hard trying to control life and still be the cheery self that I'm. I would really like to believe that this was meant to be. Me finding this video and listening to this poem. We might not be lovers, but I feel like I've finally found the strength to say "No"  to all those who are trying to put me in their shadows. "No" to all who have been dragging me around like a corpse. "No" to all those who have been trying to shut me down and hide me. "No" to all those telling me I'm not worth it.

So, I would like to give thanks to the writer, Sofia, for finding me. Please check out her website http://www.thisisthething.tv/
Why? BECAUSE I TOLD YOU SO!!

Alright, Back to Life now, but stronger than ever ;)
xoxo
Angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers