Friday, October 28, 2011

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Follow the adventures of Harry Potter as he discovers the magical, the dangerous, the unpredictable world of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry...
Harry Potter thinks he is an ordinary boy- until he is rescued by an owl, taken to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, learns to play Quidditch and does battle in a deadly duel. The reason... Harry Potter is a Wizard!"



Out of boredom and curiosity (perfect ingredients for a great adventure) I picked this book. I should have read it 10 years ago, but I've only recently got into reading books. It's a shame that my fist fictional book was twilight rather that Harry Potter, nevertheless, Harry Potter will remain in my brain for much longer than Twilight ever will. I don't hate Twilight, it's just the guilt of watching all eight movies and never thinking of reading the books.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone is an amazing book. I had already promised myself to do more studying rather than reading fictional books. But I caught myself looking for the second book in my library yesterday -unconsciously- and had to block my library's website so that I always remember. Don't worry, I have other books that will make me survive this horrible period of exams. Although my yearning for the second book might kill me. You would think that by watching the movies first, I would be not interested in the story, since I already know what's going to happen. Ooh How you would be mistaken! I really do enjoy comparing movies and books. If there was a job like that I would have gladly done it. I like to see what did the director put and remove. How he changed the story, etc. I would love to read this book again. Maybe when I get older and have a 2 year old child, I will make him/her recite it if I could. I have no idea why I haven't read it first, but I think I enjoyed even more, now that I know more "English" Vocabulary.

Did I mention how teary I was at the end of the book, when Dumbledore was giving points? I was reading while nurturing my face with a mask. So when I was crying -tears of happiness- it was quite difficult to stop the tears, or wipe them! I was especially happy for Neville Longbottom. If Only I had a friend like him *sigh*.

By The way, I chose the Philosopher's stone, rather than Sorcerer's stone because I read a lot of American books, and I thought the British- and Original- copy would be more interesting.

I would recommend this book to middle school students, but also to everyone really. It is quite interesting and Rowling is nothing but a genius!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers