Wednesday, October 19, 2011

MOCKINJAY

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

MY NAME IS KATNISS EVERDEEN.
WHY AM I NOT DEAD?
I SHOULD BE DEAD.


Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.
It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and it plotting to overthrow the capitol. Everyone, it seems has had a hand in the carefully laid plans- except Katniss.
The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay - no matter what the personal cost.




My review:
I'm still baffled. My eyes hurt, I have been awake half of the night, then when I woke up, I read the last two chapters with yesterday's tears still wet in my eyes. I think I have cried for at least 60% of the book. Starting with Peeta's capture. The way he looked not so okay on TV. I would stop reading, cry, then go back hoping that he will eventually be okay again. But of course that doesn't happen until the end. I also always hated Coin, and now that I have ended this book, I feel like I hated her a bit more than I hated Snow. Gale, who always confused me, was my favorite character besides Peeta, Haymitch, and of course the Mockingjay. I don't want this review to have many spoilers, but to all of you out there who don't know how much Prim is important, I would say hold on to her every time you see her, because soon you wouldn't be able to.
I really wanted to see more between Gale and Katniss, but I guess it's not meant to be. He's more like a brother, brothers can be protective, right? Maybe that's why he never fit as a lover.
I feel like I have hated most of the characters in this book. Not because the book was bad, it was great. But it made you really want to strangle the evil characters, Hold Katniss tight, and tell her everything is going be okay. I know why she chose who she chose, because when I couldn't make her feel safe, he could. She need him to survive.
This is not a great review. I keep jumping back and forth, only because I'm still stunned by the turns of events, and still didn't have my morning coffee yet. I feel like Peeta, not knowing which is real and which is not real. I loved this book, real or not real? Real. I feel more related to Katniss than I was in the first two books, Real. I miss Prim, Real. I want Suzanne Collins to never write a book again, Not Real.
Wondering what's going on with the real and not real questions? you must read the book, then answer this: You loved it, but still confused, Real or not real?

xoxo,
Angel.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers