Saturday, October 15, 2011

Catching Fire

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I know I should have wrote a review right after I finished the book, but it was 3 in the morning and I had to wake up in 3 hours..

Just like Hunger Games, Catching Fire is more amazing than anything I have ever read. Now that I said that I must say I only started reading books for two years now( fictional and non school related that is..)



Back to the book. Since I don't remember how it started, I will start with the ending. I almost cried. SERIOUSLY! The ending made me want to cry, to wish that I didn't exist.. I almost went mad! No don't worry, I'm not ruining anything for you, even though you might have already read it. Let's just say I was really thankful that I got Mockingjay from my library. I didn't have to wait a month like I did for when I read hunger games and couldn't get Catching Fire. Feeew' that was CLOSE!
So anyways, good book. I'm starting to fall for Peeta, HARD! Yesterday after I read the first 2 chapters of Mockingjay then went to sleep, I dreamed about him. The dream was crazy( hello, everything is crazy in the hunger games). We wanted to escape some place (I'm guessing the arena, but he never told me). We even had dwarfs as make up artists. They had to give us new faces or add more make up so no one would know who we are. I'm not going to lie, I was so scared, I cried a few times. But he was always there, hugging me, kissing me, telling me that everything is going to be ok. You would think that I'm Katniss in my dream, but somehow I wasn't, because she was there, too! I know I know, I love my crazy imagination just like you do :)
I'm sorry that I only remember the ending. Starting with Katniss going back to the arena, and ending with her escaping it. All the other parts of the book were of course important, especially President Snow's visit (that made me super scared, especially since I was smelling flowers, and drinking tea). But when relating it to the ending, it's forgetable. Nothing else matter, when you are going back to the place you thought you will never see again. Going back to probably die again. Going back and reliving all of your nightmares. Going back and being the Capitol's slave, again.
Did I ever mention how much I hate the capitol? I feel sorry for the people living there, of course, as they have no knowledge what-so-ever about how the other districts live. They don't know how much they suffer. They don't know how much they are hungry and die with hunger most of the time. They are so clueless to the point where they have to drink some potion that makes them throw up, so that they can enjoy all the food in the Capitol's feast. This really does relate to real life. How people are hungry in part of the world, and others throw up because they want to "look good".
Overall, loved the book. I want to read Mockingjay as slowly as possible, but sadly I borrowed it from the library and I have 10 days to read it. So I might skip threw it. But I'm sure that I will enjoy it :)

xoxo,
Angel

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers