Sunday, May 15, 2011

Somethings are just not worth watching

I don't know what got into me and made me watch "Priest" today. As a thriller I would give it 6 or 6 and a half at most. The facts about vampires were just so WRONG! I still can't believe what they did!! 
First, they put vampires as those alien looking creatures that don't have ears or eyes or noses, just the mouth with sharp looking teeth. Sort of like Voldomort from Harry Potter movies, but without the eyes.. and then there were other creatures that I guess were human volunteers for the vampires, to feed on, They looked weird, and I didn't know what they were until my brother explained to me, which made me even more confused because he sounded like he didn't know either! The last "evil" creature was a human vampire, which was a human priest but then under attack they had to leave him to vampires (he slipped from the other man's hand) and so the queen was so "merciful" that she didn't let him die, but turned him into this "new" type of creature -as if the movie didn't have enough!- that is somehow stronger than any other priest. This third person/vampire was the only type of his kind, poor him! 


The good guys were the priests, but according to the movie, they are BAD because if you defy the church, you defy God, or something like that. Oh yeah, forgot to say, the whole movie is very christian based, so to me, a Muslim, it was weird and funny at some points. So the main character, who is a priest, had to defy the church because they believe that vampires no longer existed, or are not free anymore. But they were wrong, how did he know? His daughter was kidnapped by the priest/vampire dude. One more thing, she didn't know that she was his daughter until they FINALLY saved her! and who told her? the vampire/priest dude! surprising indeed. 
The main or God priest, i don't know what he was called, reminds of me of Dumbledore in Harry Potter. It could be because I am very upset that he died, Dumbledore, and because I'm reading too much Harry potter.. 
Anyways, I think Thor was better than this RIDICULOUS movie! if they had a sequel, I honestly wouldn't watch it. I wasn't going to watch it from the start, the original plan was to go and watch Bridesmaid, but because I was late, and there seemed to be too many people going into it, and my brother didn't want to go, I ended up watching the stupid movie called priest. 
So basically, if you are an action lover, this movie may be good for you, but since i like the comedy/romance type of movie, and this one had really lame jokes, and no romance what-so-ever, and it also didn't have a clear story, I didn't like it much. I'm also a vampire lover as well, so that could be influencing my judgement.
Goodnight !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers