Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)The Maze Runner by James Dashner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his first name. His memory is blank. But he’s not alone. When the lift’s doors open, Thomas finds himself surrounded by kids who welcome him to the Glade—a large, open expanse surrounded by stone walls.

Just like Thomas, the Gladers don’t know why or how they got to the Glade. All they know is that every morning the stone doors to the maze that surrounds them have opened. Every night they’ve closed tight. And every 30 days a new boy has been delivered in the lift.

Thomas was expected. But the next day, a girl is sent up—the first girl to ever arrive in the Glade. And more surprising yet is the message she delivers.

Thomas might be more important than he could ever guess. If only he could unlock the dark secrets buried within his mind."



First, let me state how unfair life has been to Thomas. First, he gets put into this elevator-like box. Then sent to all those shacks that don't give a klunk about him, and some of them call him a traitor. I felt very protective of Thomas. Very Protective! Especially when he went to save Alby and Minho, with those freaky machines/creatures called Grievers. I was not so fond of Alby, and I didn't really know Minho, so imagine what my mind was screaming when Tom went inside the Maze trying to save them. I think I got stung with a griever, that's how badly I felt.
But then again, it's Thomas we are talking about, and in most stories, heroes don't die. So I kept hoping.

Then comes Teresa. The only girl in the Glade. Thomas might trust all he wants, but she sounds a bit too shucked for me. Where did she come from? Why can she talk into Thomas's mind. Am I jealous? Maybe. But still I don't trust her. Not yet anyways.
Poor Chuck. Poor Chuck. Poor Chuck. Just when I thought that shuck-face would actually make it, he doesn't. I fully understand what's going through Tommy's head. Being the only friend that he trusted, and me being so attached to Tom's life, I owed Chuck, for making Tom's life in the Glade bearable. I love the kid. This is not fair. You have no idea how much I hate Gally. You would think that I would be attracted to him since he has this bad boy mojo going on, but No. He is the annoying bad boy, and I can't hate anything more than that. I could barely swallow his existence before he killed Chuck in an attempt to kill Thomas. But now that he did, I wish that Thomas killed him.

"Wicked is good". Sorry, what?
"Wicked is good". Oh. Really? Are you sure. The boys might not know this yet, but I feel that their rescuers might kill them at any second. They didn't hisitate when they killed that sick woman on the street. I am starting to doubt that they are even rescuers. I think that they were part of the last variable. No, I don't think. That is the truth, that is what the letter (or email) on the last two pages said. I just wish I understand their point. Why take kids? Why mazes? Why Scorches? and did they say group B? To me, the animals are not those with the Flare, it is Wicked. Wicked is not good. Never was, never will be.

Wait, you think I hate everything in the book? you think I HATE the book? No! I loved it, it was so close in comparison to the Hunger Games. I still don't understand why people compare them to each other, but it is just as good for whatever it's worth. I really like it, but I don't love it. Just because many unfair things happened. and I'm really mad at Wicked.. and *sigh*. I think it is the same feeling I got when I read the first Hunger Games book. I'm just starting to know them, and so far, I like it.

Thank god I was smart enough to hold The Scorch Trials, and get it. You would think that because the first two books were available the third book should be right? Not really, I'm number 13. And the number doesn't seem to get less. I'm just saying, readers, READ FASTER!!!!!

Anyways, gotta go to school. I woke up early just to finish the book (this is how crazy I'm, really). See you when I finish the second book. xD

xoxo
Angel

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I love this book, so many twist, and an adventure like no other. I cannot believe that someone came up with this and I cannot wait to read the second books of which I just bought. The story line is realistic and believable and very easy to get through, it long enough to be satisfied for a couple hours but not so long that it's shove full of redundant information. It's perfect, buy it, you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, thank you for commenting! Second: I finished the first and second book, and I do own the third book but have not yet started it. The second book will blow your mind more than the first book, and more. I cannot wait to start the the third book! sadly, it's a trilogy, I do wish there were more of this amazing and very unique idea. Happy Reading :)

      Delete

Search This Blog

Followers