Saturday, July 16, 2011

Thirteen Reasons Why

Thirteen Reasons WhyThirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Here are my reasons why I liked this book, If you like mysteries, young adult books, and want a break from out-of-this-world-creatures, then this is the book for you!
********************************SPOILERS**********************************



Here is seven reasons why I liked this book:
1. Hannah Baker. THE WOMAN IS CRAZY! at some points, I just wanted to give her a hug, and tell her everything is ok, I'm here now. which reminds me, she didn't make a tape for when she was about to die. Or how she failed to die. I felt sadness seek me when I read this book, and because of her, I see the world differently, no more butterflies and happy endings (disney =P). This is life, it sucks like that. And Hanna dear, I'm sorry.

2. Clay Jensen: I am still wondering how he managed to be so shy, yet everyone thought he was the best at school. You don't meet many people like Clay in your life, so it was a pleasure reading about him. I think me and Clay have connected over the few days that I've been reading this book, whenever he gets angry, I get angry, or when he wants to cry, I'm sinking in a sea made of my tears. It's not easy knowing that the one you loved actually loved you too, but now you will never get that happy ending with her. It's not easy going to a place everyday, where you will see and have to interact with those who took her away from you. I did expect him to commit suicide right after her, I would if I were him, but THANK GOD, Skye is there to save the day =D

3. Jay Asher: I can't believe that this is his first book! he is so talented! Usually, I find it difficult to read a normal-life book, I'm more of a science fiction reader, but this book gripped me and kept me reading page after page, and cassette after cassette. I'm looking forward to his second book, the future of us, but I hope it doesn't come in Hardcover only, so I can buy it and not wait a WHOLE YEAR for it.

4. The cover: I don't know, I just found it really cool, and attractive, and just made me want to buy it really bad, and if it weren't for my mom keeping track of how much I spend on books, I would have been reading Thirteen Reasons Why a year ago. No regrets though, the wait was worth it.

5. The Cassettes: I don't know how Jay got this idea! I mean everything now is about vampires, werewolves, and whatever other creatures authors like to make up. Cassettes are more 80s and 90s, so it kind of reminded me of my childhood where I had my own cassette player, with Britney Spears singing her "Hit me baby one more time" through my headphones. Ooh how I wish they would write more books that relate to our past, and reality, rather than make us fall in love with dreams that will never come true.

6. The wait: I've waited for this book for a whole year, I didn't know the story, but I really felt like I needed to read it, and the wait made me need it even more, and so, it was worth it.

7. The Story: haveyoueverreadsomthingso...REAL! ok ok , I wouldn't expect someone to go record a bunch of cassettes and send them before they die, but hey, if I ever thought of suicide, I would like people to know that I wasn't crazy, I killed myself because some people made my life like hell, and in fact, if I was Hannah Baker, I would have sent it to everyone in the school, especially the principle, because that professor does not deserve to be working AT ALL!

That's all for now.
xoxo,
Angel


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers