Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Fault In Our Stars [Audiobook Review]

The Fault in Our StarsThe Fault in Our Stars by John Green
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Format: Audiobook



Dear John Green, Do you enjoy breaking my heart with every book you write? First with Looking for Alaska, and now with The Fault in our stars. You keep killing the people that I don't expect to die. And it just happens to be that I enjoy your books so much to the point where I would read it outside of my own room. Big mistake of course, because when I need to cry, and I mostly feel that way, I cannot cry because I don't like crying in front of other people. I suppose you are giving me great practice for not crying in public. But Still! I would like a warning. Like in the back of the book, right after the description, in very tiny letters, write the following; "Angel, please do read this in your room. You will shed tears that would create rivers and seas and oceans.".
Sincerely, no longer has tears to cry with.

I want to go back to when Gus was still with us. Life was much funnier. and now it's simply somewhat empty. I am not saying that I hate Hazel Grace, because if anything, I love her. I'm just saying that I miss him. Which is sad, considering I've only finished the book in about 15 minutes, and the fact that he is actually fiction. I shall not dwell on this anymore. Moving on...


I hate death. I know that at one point or another I told my mom that I'm going to die early, like in my twenties, which might make me seem like I like the idea of death. But I don't. And also, do you know how people say that God needed another Angel when someone dies? FYI, Angels are immortal. God wouldn't need any more angels, just admit that life isn't fair and move on.

Now that you know I hate death, I want you to know that I also love to read books where characters die. It does not matter how, or why, or when, as long as they die. Not just in books, but also in movies, TV shows, and so on. I don't know why I love it. I guess it's because the people who do not die suffer like me, as a living person while your loved one is not a living person. Crazy? tell me about it.


Cool fact about The Fault in Our Stars: it was set between Indiana (where I live) and Amsterdam. I kept recognizing places, and it turns out that I visit the same places that normal people do. Which is something I did not expect of myself, since you know how abnormal I'm :P

I would give this book more than just five stars if goodreads would allow me. It is sarcastic, realistic, and everything you would want when you don't want to do your homework and might be failing your classes simply fascinating. I love you Mr. Green, but next time please be gentle-er on my fragile heart.

Oh, and the Narrator was perfectly perfect! 5 stars for Kate Rudd. I wish she would read me a book every day *sigh*. I tried looking for this quote that I really liked in the book, I found a bunch more of course, but I found one that translates exactly how I feel right now, so here's the quote that I wanted to find:

“The world is not a wish-granting factory.”

and here's the quote about how I feel right now:

“All I could think about now, as night fell, was how much you can love made-up people, and how much you can miss them.”

Truly Genius that John Green guy, truly genius. 

xoxo,
Angel.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers