Friday, March 23, 2012

Hunger Games [Movie Review]

Hi, 

I know I haven't written any reviews for a while, and I know most of you expect lame excuses, so make up whatever lame excuse in your head and pretend I said it. Done? Now, do you forgive me? Yes? Awesome, Let's move on, shall we?

For the last few days (more like 70 days, give or take 20 days) I've been obsessed with this... amazing, fabulous, indescribable story that is called the Hunger Games.  As most of you know, the Hunger Games is a book by Suzanne Collins and is one of three other books in the trilogy. It's about the future, sort of. There are 12 districts, and each year, they have to give two of their kids, a boy and a girl, to fight for their lives in the Hunger Games. The reason for it is so that the Capitol does not loose its control over the districts, and to show them that we can kill your kids this easily, how can you ever be free from us. So, on the reaping day, Katniss Everdeen's younger sister, Primrose, gets chosen to go, but Katniss volunteers instead of her. The second tribute from district 12 is Peeta Millark, who happens to have a crush on Katniss. Katniss, however, only remembers him as the boy who threw her a piece of bread when she couldn't get anymore food for her family. And she doesn't want to kill him. 

They finally decided to make a movie of  the legendary story. I, of course, would've went to the premiere if I didn't live under my parents roof. Never the less, I watched it on premiere day (Friday), not the first show, but close enough. 

I must say, I had really high expectations for this movie, and knowing that usually books turned into movies must disappoint the audience, I was terrified. Oh wait, It didn't suck! That's a first. The movie was exactly as I imagined it, well except for Peeta's actor. But I can get used to it. This movie is absolutely perfect. It's like they went into my brain, and took the ideas and pasted it into the big screen. 

I feel like I've cried in almost every seen. I'm not a cry baby, and I hate crying infront of people, and there were some really annoying girls sitting behind her. Yet I cried. 

------------------------------------------------SPOILERS ALERT!!!!------------------------------------------------------------

If you have seen the spoilers alert, and have not watched the movie yet, it is not my problem if you don't like it. I warned you. 

First scene, District 12. The Meadow. The Reaping. The Goodbyes. 
The Seam is the only place that I didn't imagine right. Or they copied it wrong from my brain. I was disapointed that they chose to give Katniss the mockingjay pin from the Seam instead of the Mayor's daughter. But I guess I could forgive them. Gale is as hot as I wanted him to be. and the tension Oh THE TENSION!! and they way he calls her Katnip. I almost forgot about that part. Prim is the sweetest girl I've ever seen. Every time I see her I just want to hug her and cry. It's funny how when they chose her, called her name, whatever, I acted shocked, as if  I didn't know this was going to happen, even though I had a check list in my head!! I guess she meant too much for me. *sigh*. The Cat, LOL that was a funny part. Their mother was alright, I didn't like her in the books, I still don't like her after the movie. OMG EFFIE IS LIKE GORGOUS Y'ALL!! many people make fun of her, but really she's the funniest of them all. So brave pulling that pink hair!! Of course I cried in the Goodbyes part. But now that I remember, they didn't show Peeta's dad giving Katniss the cookies. But since I didn't remember, pass!

Second Scene. The train. The capitol. Capitol People. 
Wow. Wow. WOW. WOW. 
Funny story, when I looked into the train's food, then looked into my small bag of popcorn, I wanted to be a tribute really bad. 
Many of the train scenes make you highly doubt Peeta (which is something the book does more effectively) and makes you really hate Haymitch. Effie is hilarious as usual. lol. and the Capitol People look soo... what's the word for it, Wild? yeah, lets's go with that. They looked Wild. with a lot of colors.

Third Scene. The entrance. The show. The Training. The apple. and Let the games BEGIN!
The girl on fire part was cool, but I had really big fire in my head, so it made it Ok. The fire on the dress of the show was amazing though. I really liked that. I do want that dress by the way, it's beautiful!
The training part was hilarious! How she shot the apple and then they were all looking like O.O and how Haymitch supported her *sigh* amazing. 
The beginning of the games was electric. so much tention. so much people dying. just terrible. 

Fourth Scene. The Fire. The tracker jackers. Rue. 
Whenever I think of the fire, I ask this question: Now Snow, was that Really necessary ?? In the movie, that scene wasn't bad, but I did expect it in the dark, so.... yeah.
Tracker Jacker scene. CRAZY! It's even BETTER than I expected. Of course they didn't show the part where they go into the water, and I have no idea why Peeta isn't hurt by the Tracker Jackers, but Man was that cool!.
It's sad when I see Rue. Because I know sooner or later, she will die. I wish she didn't have to. But she does. The story must go on. *kissing three fingers and raising them to show respect*.

Fifth Scene. Finding Peeta. Peeta and Katniss. Haymitch.
Finding Peeta was kind of too easy. But when she actually found him he scared the shit out of me. If I were Katniss, I would have stabbed him before thinking! 
Peeta with Katniss were kind of awkward. But you know what? Haymitch is a really good tutor. I don't think that they would have survived without Haymitch. Kisses or not, they suck as a couple *gagging sound*. 

Sixth Scene. FREAKIN' DOGS!! Cato finally dies.
I hate the capitol for making such ugly and scary creatures. I couldn't remember exactly how the dogs would show up. but when they did. Let me give a little advise. If you are holding anything that might spill, please put it down and don't embarrass  yourself. Because the dogs will come. And you will NOT see it coming. and yeah, Cato finally dies, Like the CAWARD HE IS!! 

Seventh and Finale Scene. Winning. Going home. 
so you know how they plan on eating the poisonous fruits to kill both of them. When the announcer says STOP, I laugh. I can't help it. The relief that runs through me *sigh*. 
and when they finally go home and see Gale and her mom and Precious Prim *tears tears*. I'm so happy. 



All in all, AMAZING. Looking Forward to the second movie. Hopefully they add more details, and less shaky cameras. :) 

xoxo, 
Angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers