Sunday, June 17, 2012

Neophyte [Ebook]

NeophyteNeophyte by Emmalee Aple
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

" Addisyn White thought she had her new life, her after life, all figured out. Granted death had not brought her to the pearly white gates, she hadn’t even left Earth. But death had its perks; she got to live forever with her best friend and her assigned Link of Angels, in a beautiful beach house. Even with the changes she was going through to turn her human body into an angelic one, everything seemed pretty easy. Until a gray winged angel comes into her life, then all the secrets and lies her Link had been keeping start crumbling away, exposing a whole new world of dangers she didn’t even know about.

Now Addisyn must fill in the blanks before things escalate too far. Will she save her Link? Or will she be buried in their secrets forever?" --GoodReads.com

This novel has everything a teenage -bookish adult- girl needs. First, the crazy girl who questions everything and everyone in her life. Although I don't see much of myself in her, I still like Addi quite a lot. If she actually existed, we would be best friends. Especially since I have a thing for Hunter ;). Second, Action. Yes, you heard me right, I said action. It is a very small part of the novel, but it is so good, it leaves you breathless. I honestly missed 15 minutes of work today just so that I know who won!

Thirdly,They live in a beach house. Who wouldn't like that?!
Finally, Did I mention this book is about hot Angels? I think that one is pretty self-explanatory ;)

I think this book is well written, and the novel has a great plot. If the author were to re-write this book, she would just have to copy and paste, because it is perfecto ! The weird thing in this book is that usually the reader dislikes the evil characters, but I find myself attracted to him. It's like he have this 'hold on me'. I enjoyed this book very much. We had our ups and downs, and I'm very excited for the sequel. I'm dying to know what happens next!


Now, I'm going to spoil some stuff, so if you haven't read the book, please ignore this part and go and read it NOW :)

Xoxo,
Angel.




Alright. So, I'm pretty upset because my favorite character Hunter is dead. I cried in his wake. I miss him so bad. I kind of dislike Addi a bit for being so glued to Grey that she sometimes forgets about her true "soul mate". I feel bad for Abby. One reason why I admire Addi is that she gets over her anger pretty fast. Like in one of anger moments, she was really angry, and then the next day, she's going to a school dance like nothing ever happened. I don't know how she does it, but boy is she good at it! and I really want to know why she didn't die with Hunter. I was mentally prepared for that and now I'm unravelled and confused, which can only mean that I will have to get the sequel asap!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers